Linguistic Assessor Application
Splendid! You have decided to join AVIAtest as a Linguistic Assessor.
As Linguistic Assessor, you will be rating the proficiency of candidates from various backgrounds in their usage of the English language. As a part of an assessment team composed of 2 persons, you will be expected to grade the candidates against a scale created specifically for aviation personnel. Your participation must be effective (a minimum number of assessments is required to remain qualified), but because we are a small team, we have the advantage of being very flexible on the number of hours you want to work with us.
• hold a Master’s Degree in Germanic Philology (specialized in English) or Modern Languages and Literatures (specialized in English), OR
• hold a University or higher education diploma in Translation or Interpretation in the English Language, OR
• hold a Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in English, with the exception of Transitional Bachelor’s degrees.
• be 18 years of age or more;
• be able to provide invoices for your work;
• be willing and able to travel without legal restrictions
• show a sense of composition, teamwork and organization;
• show the highest sense of ethics;
• be willing and able to follow procedures closely;
• be well-mannered, well-behaved, and offer a clean and well-groomed appearance.
A knowledge of aviation terminology is not a formal requirement but is a strong asset.